A picture of my little ordinary family !
Peter Soewondo , Susan Gondo and Amabel Soewondo

Monday, August 9, 2010

The Young Girl was Awarded -


MURI award in 2000
The first time I learnt musical instruments was piano, and at that time I was still 3 years old. My piano teacher suggested me to learn a violin; she said that I was a talented little girl in music. So, my mom decided to bring me into a violin course in Melodia. I starting to learn a violin six months after I learnt a piano. I was still a tiny girl in 3.5 years old. I  had also joined the Yamaha piano competition. And I won the first place for that some Yamaha competitions. For the first time, I learn a violin from my violin teacher is named Mr. Paul Situpang. Many songs were taught by him. He was a very talented in playing musical instruments. He was ex-my mom's violin teacher. He had a perfect pitch. He could hear exactly every tunes which I played. And I also had a perfect pitch. I could hear the chord of the song and also the melody of course. My teacher taught me the basic one, the concerto songs and technique for the best performance.
In 2000, I could play many songs with my violin. The first time I played in a wedding party in USA, it was my aunty's wedding party. The unforgettable moment, Jaya Suprana, the owner of Muri (Museum Rekor Indonesia) invited me to entertain a special wedding party and played my violin. WAUW! That was very amazing, right?! I always entertained people wedding with playing five songs in every party. At the ending of this wedding party, Jaya Suprana invited me to come into the stage to get a MURI award as the youngest professional violinist in Indonesia. I was extremely suprised that I could get this unbelievable award that many people wanted to get this. I got this award free, not like the others. They wanted to get this award by buying this award. This award was very expensive. But Jaya Suprana gave me a free MURI award. And I thank to Lord that I could get this award in my 4 age. 
From that time, my name was suddenly booming, the Indonesian TV channel such as: RCTI, TPI, SCTV and Indosiar invited me to join in their TV program. Also there was children magazine like Mentari, Nyata, Bobo and Jawa Pos Newspaper's Award. My name  was registered in those newspapers and magazines during the MURI award. I played my violin in many wedding's entertainment. I could play a violin together with singing on the same time. It was the best moment in my life, that I could get this award. The Guiness World Record also wanted to give me the Guiness Award, but I had to go to United Kingdom. So I decided, to decline this award. I was so sad, but maybe the other time I could get that. 
My grandfather could play any musical instruments except a violin and he was very talented on it. He had a sound system store and a band. When I played in  people wedding party, Varianada Band also support and accompany me. However, my grandfather had passed away when I was 6 years old. The last night before he passed away, he still accompanied me with his keyboard in Sheraton Hotel which the last job was for him before he left me forever. He had five grandchildren, but I am the only granddaughter, while all of my cousins are his grandsons. And the only one who could play violin was me. And I hope I could be as famous as he was. He was my idol, I am so proud of him until now. He really wanted me to play violin, and he was so suprised when I could play the most difficult instrument. It’s really a miracle from GOD.
High Scorer's Concert
 My father also could play musical instruments such as piano (jazz arranger) and drum. My mom could play a violin and a piano,too such as me. She was very good at playing a piano. Long time ago, she was a piano teacher and an English teacher. She was a very clever woman.  HEY! I also could play four musical instruments, piano, violin, drum, and a little bass. In this October, I will start to take a guitar course, too. I wanted to be like my grandfather, could play many kinds of instruments. I hope in the next 10 years, I could be an arranger and a professional violinist, too in the world. When I was 5 years, I joined a Royal violin exam and I got the highest score for ABRSM grade 1 violin. And I was the youngest that got distinction. Last year, I jumped from grade 1 to grade 6 violin exams and I also got the highest score too. In September 2009 I joined 2 kinds of instrument in ABRSM (ASSOCIATED BOARD OF ROYAL SCHOOL MUSIC) exams for grade 6 performance. There were a piano and a violin examination at the same time. It was a difficult preparation for both exams performance because it spent many hours in practicing for both instruments. But finally I got a good score. I was very happy. And next 2 months I will take the violin exams performance for grade 8. That was the highest level. I hope that I can achieve the good mark for this time and that was my ambition in this time!
                                                                             Words count: 896

No comments:

Post a Comment